It is what it is

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The End of Blogs


It seems like it these days. Remember when we lived an alternate world on the internet? Checking blogs all the time? Reporting the most insignificant things? Oh well, I guess our real lives which consist chiefly of work and escapist partying is so mundane it's not worth talking about. The weather will get lousy again soon as the seasons change so maybe we'll want to prattle online again. I, for one, genuinely miss the old roiling blogosphere.

Tomorrow my friend Mark's band LMNOP is playing at The Empty Bottle if anyone wants to stop by. It's eclectic indie/electronica stuff that I really dig, so you might dig it too. It's tomorrow night (wednesday) at 9 and it's 8 bucks. You can check out their site here.

I can't post anything here without mentioning my passion and raison d'etre lately, bicycling. Critical Mass is happening again this friday and I hope you all come out to Daley Plaza at 5:30 and join in the fun. Last month we biked to the Spindle in Berwyn and it was one hell of a ride, aside from the prick car who crashed into some bicyclists fleeing the police. That probably won't happen again and luckily no one got hurt very badly.

Squeeze the juice from the last of the summer, friends. The dark part of the year is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't squeeze the juice. i weez the juice.

Anonymous said...

I think too many people know about my blog now. Working on a relocation. Hehe.

Archival Ennui