It is what it is

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Here's to once a month!



Hello friends!

My oh my I'm enjoying this steamy weather. JP just told me that Rudy's been spending a portion of the night in his car because he can't take the heat. I guess he sits there blasting the A/C till he cools enough to come back inside and go back to sleep. I couldn't feel more different about the summer heat. As soon as I get home from work I strip off all my ridiculous work clothes and throw on soccer shorts and a tank top and proceed to feel the wonderful, wonderful heat. I love that hot, fan-blown humid air on me. I love that sun beating down on me as I bake on the chaise on the front porch. Life couldn't be better - except if I had no job and a nice girlfriend I liked. In that order.

The above google image mined picture is the best one I could find of Promontory Point, the best and most underrated beach in Chicago. It's corroded limestone steps going down to a bay unguarded by the usual overzealous Chicago lifeguards. The Hyde Park crowd is eclectic, chatty and fun to watch and get involved with. It's actually too good to tell anyone about, that's why I'm telling you about it on my blog.

So if you want to find this jerk on the weekend during summer in Chicago you'll find me there, dressed ridiculously and hanging out with whoever I can drag there. There's also this hot lady that wears a one-piece bathing suit there we call 'Gary's Mom'. See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the heat too.

I need to check that beach out. I'll be visiting Chitown in two weekends, yay.

Unknown said...

that 'beach' looks sharp and uncomfortable. i also didn't see a fake boat filled with icy cold cocktails.

oh and i love air conditioning.

i love you

Archival Ennui