It is what it is

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pictures of my bike, mostly


I was waiting outside Burger King to get some lunch on Easter. It didn't open until 12:00, so I chilled and snapped some pictures of my bike while waiting to get Ben and my lunch.


These are taken at the corner of Ashland and Division.


My Schwinn Collegiate is from the late 60's or early 70's, and the stamp on the frame shows it's made proudly in Chicago.


Here's a detail of the neat old lettering surrounded by stars reminiscent of a bowling alley wall decoration.


Here she is with her fenders glinting in the afternoon sun. I'm really loving this bike, despite its clumsy weight. It's a good commuter, and stylish as hell.


Finally, I snapped a picture of my living room before I went to work one morning this week. I like how the eastern facing windows had the sun streaming through the new leaves of the trees out front.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Will

nice. i can appreciate the admiration of and fondness for your schwinn. the best is the living room; sun streaming in through new leaves.

it's a good thing
spring

mr p

Bishai said...

wow that apartment pic makes it look like you're living just outside the raptor paddock from JP1 or something. bike is kick-ass, where was it you got it again? some dudes yard-where-bikes-go-to-die-(or be sold)? Does it have one of those generator powered lights? reminds me of when Bart is zooming along, then he flips the light generator over and starts to barely chug along.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME bike...

Archival Ennui