It is what it is

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oh the pain

The one day of the month I look forward to the most is the last Friday of the month, the day of Critical Mass. Well, I missed it this month with the flu. It sucked - I would have gone if I wasn't so sore and achy that it hurt to be awake. I went directly home on Friday and slept for 3 hours. I got up for another 2 hours and then went back to sleep. I woke up at around midnight to the sounds of Erich and Ruby talking outside my door. After listening with some bemusement to their inebriated conversation I decided to go and ask them to please quiet down. I must have scared them good because Erich looked at me with horror in his eyes, and Ruby with pure sympathy. Ruby kept asking me if there was anything she could do for me while Erich gripped her arm and tried to back away pulling her, like I had the plague.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror and I was puffy, pale, and soaked completely through my clothes with fever sweat. Zounds! I feel much better now though, much thanks to the medicine Ruby gave me (thanks Ruby!). I'm giving quitting the cigs another go on Monday and I'm disappointed that I couldn't smoke my face off this weekend like I wanted to. Oh well, here's to health and beauty!

I was able to make it out to Jeff's Saturday night for the latter portion of Kit's bachelor party. It was great seeing him and Eddie and a swell stag soiree. Much thanks to Jeff for hosting and good luck to Kit and Natalie - you guys are the best!

On Tuesday we're heading out to Logan Square Auditorium to see Dan Deacon - the insane electronic artist that is truly an experience to see. Here's a little video sample. Blog you later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you could've described the situation on Friday any better. I now recall Erich doing the slow back away while tugging at my arm. Let's make up for some lost time this weekend, brother.

the homunculus said...

are erich and ruby sleeping together?

Anonymous said...

the newest scandal! this group has gone much too long without a little drama.

Archival Ennui