It is what it is

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Google Street Maps

Google Street Maps was launched today for Chicago. Check it out at maps.google.com - key in 'Chicago, IL' and click on 'Street Maps'. It's pretty amazing. Here's my house:



Here's the bike rack by my work - I can see my bike in it. Check out the poor woman stuck bending over forever in front of Fannie Mae. Tough.



Here's a view of hipster central - Damen, North and Milwaukee on the border between Wicker Park and Bucktown:



UPDATE! I was looking up Joe's place and found that it had the best picture of all! There's a two car wreck being towed out in front of Joe, Joe and Kevin's. I'm guessing something that happened on Ogden.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out some of the over 750 "interesting" Google Street View finds here:

http://www.laudontech.com/google-street-view/google-street-view.html

the homunculus said...

sweet. i wish the fuck they'd do boston!

Joey Mac said...

Luckily that is not my car. My car, like wonder woman's helicopter, is invisible.

Anonymous said...

why do you know about wonder woman's helicopter? gaywad

Sprague said...

Whats gay about cartoon women? They all wear bikinis and high heeled boots. Wonder woman, She-ra, Cheetara, Penny from inspector Gadget, Maya the Bee. All were little boner makers.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's nuts. I wonder if the burbs are in there too. I gotta check that out. Thanks for the heads up.

the homunculus said...

for the record, she flew in an invisible jet, not an invisible helicopter.

Joey Mac said...

Thanks for clearing that up Tommy. Thanks for backing me up Erich, although I would defend Ruby a little in saying that a lot of gay guys and girls like female superheroes regardless of what they are wearing. (She-Hulk comes to mind).

SES said...

you mean Jessica Biel?

Bishai said...

cool, thanks for the heads up Will. There's some shady paper shredding going on in front of my old apartment.

Archival Ennui