It is what it is

Friday, October 12, 2007

Oh the places you'll live

I'd always wanted to make a post chronicling the six places I've lived since I moved to the city over two years ago. That's right, six places. I was going to go to all the places, which are all really close to each other, and take pictures and post them. Well, I'm lazy, then my camera broke. Thanks to google street view I can do it all from my desk.

It's a right of passage for most of our group of friends to live in the Crystal Palace, and that's where I started too. Nick was gallivanting around Europe and sublet to me for a few months.



Next I had a brief stint at Kelly, Tirrell, Apollo and Hipster Brett's loft on Milwaukee. I slept in the closet till Kelly crazied me out of the place. It was above Diana Shoes in the shoe district.



After another week's refuge at the Crystal Palace I moved in with my cousin Mike on Western Avenue. It was alright besides having no heat in January, a landlord that didn't know I lived there, and a bar that bumped bass till 3 a.m. every night.



Next I moved in with Jason C. in Humboldt Park. A couple months there and I found the rent a tad too steep, and since I was over at Ben and Mora's constantly I moved when a room opened up there. Jason's place is probably still the nicest and most of all the sunniest place I lived - a beauty of a place.



So I moved in with Ben above Smoke Daddy's on Division and Wood. This place was messy and fun, but the landlord and the noise drove us out. You can only take so much drunken midnight basketball from the pricks at Phyllis's.



When Dan and Fask decided to move, Erich Ben and I moved into their beauty place on Oakley, and that's where I've been since. I'm glad I don't move every couple weeks anymore.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

that's a lot of living crammed into 3 years...and mostly in places above bars. i like that.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe living in a closet didn't crazy you out.

Anonymous said...

I've moved a bunch of times too. It cured my shopping craze. Now I don't buy crap that I don't want to lug around. Moving is such a pain.

S.

Anonymous said...

Moving IS a pain. Don't get me started...don't EVEN get me started, S.

I was thinking to myself while reading this: "What if Kelly did this same post?" It would take her about 80 years and every picture would have me and Gary in front of the building, crying, and carrying a bunch of owl paraphernalia as we moved her to her next conquest.

Anonymous said...

I change jobs as often as you moved. It's a lot easier because all you have to move is your body and all you have to buy is a new t-shirt. Brazzaz, Vermillion, Trattorria Gianni(stayed for 2 hours), Corosh, Bistrot Margot, Citizen (soon to be gone).

BTdubs- all who read this blog should come to Marcelo's party next Saturday. Costume REQUIRED, or not.

Archival Ennui